Monday, July 9, 2012

17

There are only 17 days left until I board a plane bound for London. 17 days until Team USA walks into the stadium and presents the U.S. flag to the world and athletes from all over the world compete for the title of the best, fastest, strongest, etc.
I will, of course, be sleeping on a plane while the opening ceremonies take place. I will catch the highlights later I'm sure. The Opening Ceremonies are exciting, although they can drag on. But you get to see the countries that are competing, hear the announcers talk about the favorites to win and where the most exciting competitions will be...it can be pretty exhilarating.
Last week a few donations came in pretty quickly and it was quite exciting. I am now very close to my initial goal of funds for this trip. As I continue to prepare I kind of have a running list, in my head, of things to bring/not forget. But I also keep thinking as long as I have my passport and border pass letter (I did not need a Visa but a special letter from the director of Olympic volunteer's to "work" in England), I won't need much else.
I am also trying to think of things/places to see in the week leading up to my volunteering. I'm really hoping I can connect with some of my contacts for Team USA and get into some venues with them, but if not I need to have some ideas for touristy things.
As I get closer to the date I get more excited and more nervous. I'll probably forget something slightly important.

No comments:

Post a Comment