Saturday, July 28, 2012

Traveling to London

Well after an extremely long day I am in London, at the apartment I will be staying at. Let's start with my trip. It actually was quite uneventful and boring. I took a coach bus from Milwaukee to Chicago O'hare airport. It took about an hour and a half. Not too bad. Once I got to the airport I went though security very quickly. It took maybe all of 10 minutes, which is quite great. I was at the airport at 12:45 and my flight was scheduled to leave at 3:50. To waste some time I got some Starbucks and sat at the gate and read a book. The flight ended up being delayed until 4:20. Not a bad, long delay, and we started boarding about 3:30. I got on the plane, got to my seat and settled in and finally I started to get excited and the feeling of butterflies in my stomach. Suddenly theres a click and we hear, "Sorry for the original delay folks, this is your captain. I'll update you on what's going on. The original problem has been fixed but the refrigerators are broken and need to be fixed. I'll update you as we get information." No big deal. This should be an ok fix and not take too long. Nope. They didn't have the part they needed. So finally we push back at about 6:20. Only a 3ish hour delay. Made an already 8 hour flight into 11 hours since we were on the plane the whole time. But the captain was great and the actual flight in air time was only 7 hours. Fortunately I had some friends willing to pick me up at the airport and the last leg of my flight to the flat where I'm staying was enjoyable catching up with old friends and making new ones. Now I'm sitting in the living room in the flat I'm staying in watching Michael Phelps swim.

No comments:

Post a Comment