Monday, July 30, 2012

First Impressions

Well now that I've adjusted to being in London for two whole nights I can go back over my weekend and say that I love it here! I like the city of London, the people, the transportation. There are so many great things about this city and being here during the Olympics just adds to it.

Now that I have declared my love for London I can recount my weekend.

Saturday, after arriving at my hosts house and meeting her and her family, I quickly "freshened up" (in actuality I just brushed my teeth), and went off with my host, Cassie, (and her dad and sister) to Portobello Market. It's basically a 2-3 mile long farmers market. They had a lot of fresh fruit and vegetable vendors, antiques, teas, lots of hats, it went on and on. It was enjoyable, very busy, but I was so tired I probably looked like a zombie. I bought some white cherries, 1 lb. for 1pound 50. It gets confusing when trying to tell someone how much things cost; "1 pound for a pound".

After the market we dropped things off at the "flat" and went back out to buy me a cell phone and to dinner.  For dinner we went to a pub. The front of the building is an actual pub, the back is a Thai restaurant, which in my opinion is an odd combination, but the food was great! We finished about 4 or 5 and Cassie wanted to continue walking around and do more things with her family. I decided it would be best for me to go back and take a nap at the apartment, considering I almost put my face in my food at dinner. It was quite a struggle not to fall asleep.

Back at Cassie's I took a nap for about an hour. I didn't want sleep too long because I still had to sleep through the night. When I woke up I watched Michael Phelps compete and wrote the previous blog about my traveling experience :D. so if you didn't read it you should. When Cassie returned we watched the rest of the swim heats and the opening ceremonies, as they had also missed them due to other commitments.

No comments:

Post a Comment