Thursday, December 1, 2011

THREE


I can hardly believe I’m three days away from going to London for the Test Event. Time has gone by so quickly and it is unbelievable. To think that over a year ago I filled out the application to volunteer and over 6 months ago I had my interview is crazy! But here it is.
Now that its so close I'm getting much more excited. Still a little nervous about the initial arrival and getting to my host family but God is watching. He will protect me so I should be fine. 
I'm packing and trying to think of everything I will need. The big thing right now is will I need my rain boots? Or as my wonderful British friend, Caroline, calls them; will I need my "wellies"? Of all the things I should be thinking and asking about that is the one question I can't answer.
Its wet in London right? Correct. I looked up the weather for the next 10 days, from today, and it is going to rain every day. So it makes sense to bring them I think. But it also probably violates whatever kind of volunteer uniform is in place. Bummer. I really like my "wellies". 
Let's see, I've been trying to think of how to make this blog more interesting. I don't want to bore people because all of this is exciting to me but how do I keep you interested. Since its three days till my departure I'll tell you one thing that I'm going to do each day. Probably none of them related to my trip either.
Friday: Take a math exam. YAY!!! Math is my absolute least favorite and worst subject. 
Saturday: Take a Ballet class. For real YAY!! It will be taught by my old instructor and I absolutely love taking his class. It'll be a good send off. Oh and I will probably pack too...
Sunday: Go to church. Its important. My church is like my family. And this trip is important to me, and I have the full support and prayers of my church family. I can't just skip out on the body of Christ that has supported me my whole life.
So maybe that was more interesting. Maybe not. The next post might be from London...might be from over the ocean, might be from O'hare international airport; or from my room the night before I leave because I can't sleep. We will see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment