Tuesday, December 6, 2011

I'M IN LONDON!!


December 5, 11

So I’m in London. No Big Deal. Got in yesterday morning and arrived at my host’s “flat” about 730am. My host’s are extremely nice and so much fun. I enjoy talking with them and felt at home right away. They have given me a lot of space and have been so helpful with everything like getting around, what to see, where to eat, etc.
Yesterday when I got in I planned to take a nap from 10-11 and then go out and sightsee. My one-hour nap turned in to a 6-hour nap. I woke up about 430, freshened up and still went out despite the darkness. It gets dark much earlier here in London, about 4 o’clock, and it doesn’t get light out in the morning until about 9 or later. I went out to “Upper St.” and walked around. It’s a very busy and nice street. There are lots of boutiques and restaurants. I stopped in at a Starbucks and got some coffee. I didn’t want to be out when my hosts (Nina and Uel Barklay) got home. So I was out for about an hour and when I got back to the “flat” I watched some Friends on tv and skyped with my family.
            Even though I hadn’t done much I was tired and went to bed relatively early at about 1030pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment