Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The All too Familiar “Countdown”

Everybody does it when they approach something exciting and new, they countdown to that event. I was never that kind of person. I just went through my daily routine, school, work, homework, sleep, etc. and before I know it Thanksgiving is upon me. Two weeks from Thanksgiving I will be in London. Not on my way, or making preparations, I will be there in the middle of my 10 day stay, working, volunteering, sightseeing, and probably NOT freaking out anymore because I will have adjusted by then.
Now its real, I’m going to London. I’m going to London to volunteer. I’m going to London to volunteer for the OLYMPICS!!! Up until now it seemed like a dream. I knew of course that it was reality all along, but December seemed so far away, and like it would never come. And now its here, it has hit me in the face, in full force, just how much I need to do before I actually go to London. Even though it will go by quickly, two weeks is plenty of time for me to get in order what I need to. But what do I need to get in order?!
I have a place to live while I’m there. That’s good. I know how to get there from the airport, more or less. Another good thing I suppose, as long as I do ACTUALLY know where I’m going. Do I have a packing list? Do I know what my uniform is to be while I volunteer? What kind of documentation will I need? Do I have the funds I need? Have I told all my professors I will be out of class, that I’ll miss that exam; that my assignment might be late? What if I forgot a class? Will I have my Athletic Training Application for UWM finished? Should I complete it before I go? While I’m there? After I get back? Did I make sure everyone at Milwaukee Ballet knows I’m going to be gone? Do they have someone to work for me?
These are just some questions that went through my head. There are many more that plague me on a daily basis, so much that all I can think is how unprepared I am, what a big adventure this is and how I probably shouldn’t be going. Doubts are forming in my mind, but God is there to remind me that it wasn’t just the London selection Committee that chose me for this position, He did. So I need to lay all my worries and cares at His feet, God knows what He wants for me, I just need to trust him.
So from that perspective, I’ll still make my lists of things I need to do, and I will still doubt because that’s human nature. But I need to remember God first during this time. He’s brought me this far and He’s not just going to dump me to fend for myself. So let the countdown begin. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment