Monday, November 28, 2011

S-I-X

So I didn’t start the countdown from the traditional 10, or even a week out at 7. Thanksgiving festivities and family were more important, so I’m starting the countdown at 6. I don’t think I will even write a blog a day so the next one after this will probably be something like 4 or 3.
Thanksgiving: AMAZING!!! What an awesome holiday. I was thoroughly blessed this year by my family and friends. It was so nice to be home and to not worry about school or work. I enjoyed my 7-week-old niece as much as she would let me, and I was able to spend time with my brother and sister in law. It is definitely difficult to be without them close. Phone calls, texts, facebook, and email do not take the place of in person conversations for me. I miss them….Daily.
I was also so thankful to have my friend Alexis stay with us for a few days. It had been a few years since I last saw her or spent time with her and its refreshing to connect with her again and know that we are still able to talk about anything even after minimal communication over the last few years. It’s so encouraging, to be able to form that connection with someone. I think its very rare and I am blessed with two non-family members who I’m able to do that with. I thank the Lord every day for Ashley Nelson and Alexis Polito. Both have been with me through the good and the bad and we still have great friendships.
Back to school today, which was difficult after a holiday, and since I only have one class. I could have done without it and apparently so could my teacher since he actually left 10min into the class. He must not have had a good Thanksgiving.  I am working my best to polish of the items on my to do list. Not very effectively though, especially considering my to do list is in my head. That’s never very helpful. But I did email a few important people and do a quiz or two. So I feel like I’m getting things done at least.
6 more days and I’ll be in London. I better have my to do list empty by the time I leave for the airport. 

No comments:

Post a Comment