Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Busy Times

Now that I have been back at school and the Olympics are long over, maybe it is time to update everyone on what my life has been like post-Olympics. In my head I created a "spin-off" blog that focuses more on the profession of Athletic Training and things that stand out to me in my coursework, but after evaluating the amount of time I have available to blog versus study and work I realized that the idea would have to wait.
The UWM ATEP certainly keeps you busy, especially if you want to succeed and do well. I'm taking 18 credits this semester, which seems to be a lot to people, but in all honesty one course is a Ballet class which does not require much else than dancing. My athletic training courses keep me busy. I constantly need to be reading my textbooks, which I fail at more often than not, as well as practicing what I'm learning in class, which I do. I am much more interested and motivated to do the hands on side of my courses than anything else, which is not always a good thing.
Since my return from the Olympics I have done 2 more interviews for UWM and one little "blurb" for my work; the Milwaukee Ballet. The UWM interviews were for the Alumni magazine, as well as the website. For the website I did a video interview where I worked with an athlete and answered the questions of the staff who were interviewing me. I was nervous but overall I think it turned out well. If you are interested in seeing it you can follow this link:

http://www4.uwm.edu/discover/video.cfm?v=84C725BB71ABA513:JjqXug8VHTA

I had never done a video interview prior to this, that I can recall, so it was an exciting experience.

Hopefully those were the last of my interviews to do. I find myself wishing for more time throughout  the day and I also have been putting a lot of pressure on myself to excel. This is for a few reasons, one because I need to, and two because these interviews are public and I feel more pressure to do well now that this story is "in the public". So many people still don't know me, but is seems like a big deal to have a video, and I want to represent the sponsors who made if possible for me to go to the Olympics and UWM's Athletic Training Program well.

Hopefully in the near future I will have more free time to keep a better update on this blog, I wouldn't want it to go to waste just because the Olympics are finished for this year. Now my sites are set on RIO 2016!!




No comments:

Post a Comment