Tuesday, March 6, 2012

AAaaaaannnnddddd We're Off

So this morning the first thing to do on my list.....send the rest of my support letters! DONE! I had about 20 letters sent out. I was pretty proud that I got them out in the mail. I'm excited and relieved to put these things in the mail, one thing off my list of to-do's. I've never raised support before so its kind of exciting to have this done. Even more excited to see what happens.

School is going well. Today I was pretty productive in the Athletic Training Room. I finished 5 practice logs and one clinical proficiency. Practice logs are things that I learn in class and have to preform for an upper level student or a certified athletic trainer. I have to do each skill twice and they are generally in groups of 8. So in the first 3 weeks of school I had to complete about 8 different skills twice and get someone above me in the program to sign my papers. So I got a few in the next set done. A clinical proficiency is a skill that we have to do that we are graded on. We are graded on our skills in completing the proficiency, what we say to the athlete/patient, etc. I have now done 4 of the 6 proficiencies we have to complete. I prefer working with athletes in real time as opposed to working in a mock situation with someone grading me. But its part of the program and its good experience.

Hopefully I will get some good responses from my support letters!

No comments:

Post a Comment